Submitted by admin on Thu, 06/07/2007 - 09:40.
Did you know?
- We have numerous courses to choose from in the 4th year (among the most in Canada). This allows a student to gain some expertise in a lot of combinations of topics customized to his/her interests.
- We have 7 concentrations that provide students with suggestions for interesting and useful course combinations, including outside options (for students that feel a little bit lost by the wide variety of courses to choose from).
- We introduced the first concentration in Canada focusing on the development of commercial computer games.
- The ACM Programming Contest team of our Department received honorable mention at the ACM ICPC World finals in Banff in 2008.
- We have close to 300 computers available for undergraduate use running a mixture of Windows and Linux.
- We provide laptop touch down space with wired 100Mb connections for cpsc majors, and we have more on the way.
- We maintain 100Mb to the desktop in a switched environment with Gigabit connections to servers and a Gigabit connection to the rest of campus.
- The Microsoft Developers Network Academic Alliance allows downloads of most Microsoft software for qualified Computer Science majors
- We maintain a very popular open source mirror site (including Fedora, LDP, MySQL, PHP and more).
- With the Campus Card we allow 24/7 access to computers and printing
- We have undergraduate labs dedicated to Graphics and HCI