Time and location details:
Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Tom Oliver Lecture Theatre, Earth Sciences 162
Who Should Attend: Students - Master's and Doctoral students already enrolled in a graduate program at the UofC, and senior Undergraduate students planning to enter a graduate program at the UofC. UofC Faculty and Staff are also welcome.
For more information, e-mail the Faculty of Graduate Studies Scholarship Office at email@example.com.
Note: that the CPSC Department deadline for receipt of complete open scholarships applications is Monday, January 26, 2009 before 4:30 pm to Lorraine in ICT 602. Applications and instructions are at:
This is your last chance to attend the Canadian Undergraduate Technology Conference 2008 at the early bird price of $100!
Come join over 500 delegates from 23 universities across Canada and some of the biggest names from a myriad of industries at the Hilton Hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto from January 10-12, 2008.
- Meet with Canada's leaders in technology; be it from academia or industry. This is your chance to get noticed by recruiters and industry leaders!
- An opportunity to network with Canada's brightest students who are interested in technology just as you are.
- Have your resume sent to numerous sponsors for recruitment purposes!
2. The Challenge
- Our TechTeam event exposes you with a real world design challenge. You will be presented with a case study that reflects realistic problems happening in the industry today. Each team will present their solutions to our panel of judges for a chance to win the grand prize!
- Last year's prizes included laptops, graphic cards, gift certificates, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and many more valuing to a total of $10,000.
- This year, the competition will be evaluated by industry professionals from RIM, Nortel, Facebook and Infusion.
3. Be Inspired
- Our Keynotes are renowned and highly successful individuals who have stories, visions and technology to share with you. Among the keynotes this year are:
* Paul Held, leader of Deloitte's National Technology Consulting practice
* Dave Caputo, CEO of Sandvine
* Chamath Palihapitiya, Facebook's VP of Product Marketing & Operations
4. Learn about the Future
- Have the opportunity to hear about business and technology trends at the forefront of the market today from our seminar speakers.
- Visit our Seminar Speakers page to discover the topics that you will be learning about at the conference.
5. The Fun!
- Catered meals for all three days, including a full four course meal at the semi-formal closing banquet.
- Experience the Toronto nightlife at the Republik night club on Friday and Seven on Saturday night. Register before December 25th for the early bird price of $100 and secure your position at the conference! Early-Bird conference participants will *be eligible to win one of two XBOX 360s during CUTC 2008 *. Click here for Rules and Regulations.
Don't wait any longer, Register Now! Please visit http://www.cutc.ca for more information about the conference Can't wait to see you there!
Wednesday, October 24, 5:00 pm - CAREER PANEL DISCUSSION
Where? Math Sciences 527
Curious about a Career in Information Security? Come and meet Ian Wilms, Calgary Police Commissioner and Public Safety Executive, IBM; Douglas Stephen, Bell Canada, Sr. Advisor (IT/ Security), SPIE Chair; Kathy Macdonald, Sargent with Calgary Police Service; Daniel Chervenka, Security Manager, Axia SuperNet Ltd. and discover how they started out in the industry and how their career path has led them to where they are today. Students from all faculties are welcome.
CISaC Students are strongly encouraged to attend.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For details, please visit this Google Site: http://www.google.ca/anitaborg/
IBM will be on campus on:
Sept. 27th, From 12 noon until 2PM
Location: Cassio A/B room MacEwan Student Centre(MSC 228/230)
IBM will be at the University of Calgary on September 27th from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm in the Cassio A/B room (MacEwan Student Centre) for an information session for students graduating in 2008. IBM is promoting its opportunities for New Graduates and are hiring into all of their Business Units for May 2008. if interested, you are more than welcome to come and hear about the opportunities IBM is offering new grads.
To view IBM New Graduate jobs online, please visit www.ibm.com/careers, under "Canada" and then "New Graduate Opportunities".
Microsoft will be on campus on:
Sept. 27th, starting at 6:30 PM
Location: MacEwan Conference and Events Centre – Cassio A (MCS 228).
Microsoft's message to you is:
People here love their work because they get to think big and dream big. Right now we're looking for the next generation of Microsoft innovators. If you have talent and a passion for technology, this could be your big moment. Come find out more about our fulltime and internship opportunities and the area of Seattle!
Bring your résumé for a chance to win.
There will be FREE SOFTWARE! and FREE FOOD will also be provided!
Top Undergrads & Graduate Students: Deadline for NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships applications is 4:30 pm on Monday, September 24 to Lorraine in ICT 602. NOTE: Only Canadians and permanent residents of Canada at the time of application are eligible to apply.
Detailed information about these awards is found on the NSERC website at: http://www.nserc.com/sf_e.asp?nav=sfnav&lbi=2a Instructions and on-line forms are found at: http://www.nserc.com/forms/instructions/200/e.asp
There is an INFORMATION SESSION ON:
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
University Theatre, Craigie Hall
1:30 to 3:30 pm
Students are encouraged to go to the FGS website www.grad.ucalgary.ca and click on the "Funding" quick links and download a copy of the handout material (this won't be available at the session).
The undergraduate file servers will be unavailable during the next few days while they are upgraded and testing is performed.